Cake Mini Parfaits
- • A few slices of carrot cake
- o Most supermarkets sell smaller portions of cake in their bakery sections
- • A few slices of German chocolate cake*
- • 1 can of Ready Whip
- • Fresh berries
- • Lime for zesting
- • Sprigs of mint (one per parfait)
- Crush each cake slice in a small bowl with a fork.
- Spoon one cake mixture into a fluted champagne glass (or any small glass - this is a great place to use those shot glasses you stole in college), about 1/3 full.
- Squirt on the ready whip.
- Top with berries, mint sprig and lime zest.
- You can make one of each for everyone or just let people fight over them.
*Many of today’s big products started by filling a need for a popular recipe. These “Hero recipes” have historically been a huge seller behind many brands. In the old General Foods world, it was said that the recipe for German Chocolate cake was the single most asked-for recipe. Needless to say, that recipe was a big seller for Baker’s German Chocolate Bars and Baker’s Coconut.