Chicken Asparagus Skewers
- 2 chicken thighs cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 2 asparagus cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup teriyaki glaze
- 1/2 onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 six inch bamboo skewers
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Skewer the onion, asparagus, and chicken pieces, repeat, repeat for skewer one. Repeat for skewer 2 and 3.
- Brush on teriyaki glaze to both sides coating liberally.
- In a large sauté pan heat the canola oil till just smoking then add the chicken thigh skewers*
- Sauté one side on medium high for 4 to 6 minutes
- Turn over and sauté the second side fo 4 to 6 minutes
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and the bake in a 400 degree own for 15 minutes
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds prior to serving
*An alternate method is to gas grill with a grill topper at a high heat grilling 3-5 minutes a side