- • 16 chicken tenders
- • Salt and pepper
- • 8 ounces Panko bread crumbs
- • 1 cup flour
- • 1 egg
- • 1 cup milk
- • ½ tsp Tabasco sauce
- • 1 cup olive oil (you may need a little more for frying)
- Place a chicken tender between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound out to ¼- inch thickness. Pound out the remainder of chicken (2 pieces per person) and set aside on a piece of wax paper. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place Panko bread crumbs on a platter.
- Pour flour on a separate plate and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine egg and milk with Tabasco sauce. Beat together until incorporated.
- Dredge one piece of chicken in flour. Dunk it in the egg wash then put it in the breadcrumb. Turn the chicken over to make sure it is well coated with crumb. Set aside on a new sheet of wax paper.
- Repeat the process with the remaining chicken.
- Cover the bottom of a large frying pan with olive oil. Heat until close to smoking then sauté chicken until golden brown (about 4 minutes an each side).
- 20 minutes before serving:
- Warm the chicken on a cookie sheet in a 200°oven.