- Piccata Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons finely minced shallot
- 4 cloves of garlic sliced paper-thin
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of capers
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- Chicken Ingredients
- 10 chicken tenders pounded to ¼ inch thickness
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 14 oz. artichoke hearts (Cut artichokes into half)
- 5 slices of bacon (cut into ¼ inch pieces)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ¼ inch lemon slice rounds for decoration
Piccata Sauce Instructions
- In a medium sauté pan add olive oil, butter, garlic shallot and sauté at a low temperature until translucent.
- Deglaze pan with white wine.
- Add chicken stock and cook until reduced by a third.
- Mix the cornstarch in a small bowl with cold water.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to stock to thicken.
- Whisk in lemon juice, white pepper and capers. Whisk and serve.
- In a large sauce pan sauté bacon until browned (remove bacon)
- Add oil under medium heat
- Season ponded chicken with salt and pepper
- Dredge the pounded chicken in flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper
- Add chicken cutlets and sauté in batches for 4 to 6 minutes a side until they are golden brown
- Set chicken aside on a baking sheet that has been lined with aluminum foil
- Place sautéed chicken in a 250-degree oven to be kept warm
- Add the Piccata sauce, artichokes and bacon to the large pan that was used to sauté the chicken scraping all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan
- Arrange the chicken cutlets on a large platter. Cover with the sauce. Decorate with lemon slices. Serve.