- • ¼ cup butter, softened
- • ¾ cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- • 1 egg
- • 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- • 1 cup Baker’s Angel Flake Coconut*
- • 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix butter, sugar and egg.
- Stir in flour, coconut and chocolate chips.
- Take 1 heaping teaspoon of the mixture and roll in your hands to make a ball.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
*This may sound like an infomercial, but coconut is something I know way too much about. I ran the Franklin Baker Coconut Company in the Philippines for 15 years. One thing about coconut is that it comes from a tropical environment that is susceptible to microbiological contamination. Salmonella can be a big problem. I recommend Baker’s coconut because I know Baker’s uses a proprietary pasteurization process to ensure product safety. Beyond this, it has been said that on my tombstone it will say, “He knew coconut.”