Grill Roasted Chicken
- 1 - 4 to 5 lb. roasting chicken
- 1 - large bunch of fresh rosemary
- 3 - Tablespoons of olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Remove the innards of the chicken and rinse and let it dry
- Cut out the chicken’s backbone with a sharp knife
- Place the chicken on a work surface and flatten it out using your body weight to compress the fatter pieces. The goal is to even the thickness of the chicken.
- Brush olive oil over the top side of the chicken and sprinkle liberally with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat a gas grill on high for 15 minutes.
- Place a bed of rosemary on the middle of the grill
- Place the chicken on top of the rosemary skin side up
- Let the chicken roast for 1 hour at between 350 and 400 degrees
- Remove the chicken from the grill brushing off any pieces of rosemary that have stuck to the bottom
- Let the chicken rest for 15 minutes
- Cut into serving size chunks
Edges of the chicken may look a little charred but don’t worry as the combination of a little char along with the rosemary essence is fantasti