Pasta with Sausage, Olive Oil, Garlic and Fresh Herbs
- • ½ pound pasta (a mini penne works very well)
- • 1 cup extra virgin olive oil*
- • 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage, cut into ½-in pieces
- • 7 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced Goodfellas**thin
- • 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- • 1 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- • 1 cup fresh Romano cheese, grated
- Boil pasta following the instructions on the package. When cooked, drain and toss with a few tablespoons of olive oil. Set aside.
- In a non-stick pan, sauté sausage until cooked through (about 8 minutes). Set aside.
- Sauté garlic in ¾ cup of olive oil under very low heat until translucent.
- With all of the above set aside, your pasta mis en place is ready.
- Just before serving:
- Add the pasta and sausage to olive oil/garlic in the pan. Sauté for a few minutes to heat and add texture.
- In a large pasta bowl, combine the pasta/sausage mixture, fresh herbs and grated cheese.
- Toss and serve.