Poached Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream and Blueberry Compote
- • 4 hard peaches
- • 1 cup white wine
- • 2 cups water
- • 1½ cups sugar
- • 1 whole vanilla bean (or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract)
- • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- • 3½ cups cold water
- • 1 pint Haagen Dazs Vanilla Ice Cream
- • 1 13-ounce jar Bonne Maman Wild Blueberry Preserve
- • 1 lime
- Cut peaches in half and remove pits.
- In a large saucepan, combine wine, 2 cups water, sugar, and the scraping of the vanilla bean.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking to dissolve sugar.
- Add the peaches and poach for 15 minutes or until peaches are fork tender.
- Remove peaches and set aside to cool.
- Bring wine/water/sugar mix to a boil.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 1½ cups cold water and add it to the boiling mixture to thicken.
- Set aside to cool
- Place a peach half in a shallow dessert bowl.
- Add 3 or 4 tablespoons of wine/water/sugar mix to the bottom of the bowl.
- Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the peach.
- Add a large dollop of blueberry preserve on top of the ice cream.
- Sprinkle the plate with lime zest.