Roasted Red Bell Pepper with Buffalo Mozzarella and Fresh Basil
- • 2 large red bell peppers
- • 4 cloves garlic, sliced paper thin
- • 2 medium sized balls Buffalo Mozzarella
- • 10 basil leaves
- • ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- • Kosher salt and pepper
- Roast the red bell peppers on a gas grill. Char all sides so that the outside is blackened.
- Place the charred peppers in a brown paper bag (or a sealable plastic container) and wrap the top tightly to seal. Allow the peppers to steam/cool for 15 to 20 minutes. This process allows the skin to separate from the body of the pepper.
- Take the cooled pepper out of the bag. Remove the stem/core with a knife and then cut into quarters. Scrape the charred skin off the outside and seeds/pieces of core from the inside. Place into a bowl.
- Sauté garlic slices in olive oil under very low heat for 5 minutes. Pour the oil/garlic on the peppers. Let peppers marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Arrange peppers in the middle of a good-sized serving plate. Place slices of mozzarella in the middle. Add fresh basil leaves.
- Drizzle with some of the oil used to marinate the peppers and balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.